Saturday, April 11, 2020

Your Name - Tokyo Revisit

During the last couple of trips to Japan I also took some more Your Name pictures.



Image from Your Name - 39m11s


This is at Tokyo City View in Roppongi Hills Mori Tower. I only got a picture of the outsides last time I visited.




Image from Your Name - 39m14s


I took this picture at the opposite side of the building since there were less people here. I got these pictures at the same time I got Weathering With You ones.




Image from Your Name - 95m24s


I got a better matching picture at the Yunika Vision screens in Shinjuku.




Image from Your Name - 20m14s


And a closeup.




Image from Your Name - 76m05s


This is a shot of Yotsuya Station. It's been flipped in the movie.




Image from Your Name - 76m05s


This is how it looks in real life.




Image from Your Name - 38m13s


I also got a better matching shot of the station from afar. There's a new skyscraper on the right here now though.




Image from Your Name - 75m24s


While passing through Yotsuya Station I got this picture of the stop display. It's slightly different on the newer JR trains.




Image from Your Name - 75m25s


For some reason the shot in the movie shows it's car 4 in the upper right corner of the display while the train car marked with red is car 5, so I got a picture here in car 5 as well.




Image from Your Name - 98m25s


One place I hadn't been before is Akebonobashi-dōri shopping street which this shot in the movie is supposedly based on. It doesn't match that much except for one of the signs on the left though. I've marked the location of this place in the map below.




These buildings that can be seen in the background at the end of the street do match, but they're further away from the shopping street in real life. These buildings are also shown in the Weathering With You Toei Bus commercial.



Location map:



These locations were visited on 2019/04/12, 2019/04/23, 2019/12/29, 2020/01/17 and 2020/01/18.

Links:
Tokyo City View official website

Special thanks to the ones who went here before:
https://twitter.com/ssslocation/status/1145661563568717824

No comments:

Post a Comment