Monday, June 4, 2018

Your Name - Shibuya Locations

The last thing I did on this trip was to check out some more locations in Tokyo shown in Makoto Shinkai's Your Name, since I had mostly checked out locations shown in the trailers before the movie was released on DVD. I started out in Shibuya where I had gotten a picture of Tsutaya Shibuya before.



Image from Your Name - 02m22s


This is Tower Records Shibuya which is shown on the left of Taki in the screenshot.




It's impossible to get all the buildings in the same shot, so here's another one with the buildings shown to the right of Taki in the screenshot above.




Image from Your Name - 45m27s


This overpass is located near the southwest side of Shibuya Station. Everything here matches, except for the road sign in the bottom right.




The sign is actually located on the opposite side of the overpass.




Image from Your Name - 45m30s


Closeup of Taki walking across the overpass. I've marked a path from Tower Records Shibuya to where I took this picture from in the map below.




Image from Your Name - 73m40s


I also went back to nearby Omotesando, where I got a better matching shot of this screen.



Location map:



These locations were visited on 2018/05/20.

Special thanks to the ones who went here before:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/touyokojunrei-yokofuji3/君の名は。archives/cat_1237325.html

No comments:

Post a Comment