Saturday, May 3, 2014

Steins;Gate - Maid Café

The maid café May Queen Nyan-Nyan in Steins;Gate actually exists in real life and it's called Café Mai:lish. I actually knew about this place before I saw Steins;Gate because it's the maid café that the Haruhi Suzumiya ASOS Brigade visits in Episode 10! This video can be found in the Haruhi Suzumiya Vol. 4 US DVD extras.



Image from Episode 2 - 16m33s


The café is upstairs on the second floor.




Image from Episode 2 - 16m37s


Closeup of the sign.




This Steins;Gate poster was hanging outside the café so I took a picture of it. ^_^




Image from Episode 2 - 19m26s


Since I was already there I went in and got an omuraisu meal. To my surprise they decorated it like in Steins;Gate!




Like in most maid cafés you can't take pictures of anything else than the food. It does look the same as in the anime inside though, and they had a copy of this poster hanging on one of the walls.



Location map:



This location was visited on 2014/04/17.

Links:
Café official website

Special thanks to the ones who went here before:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Vol. 4 - The Adventures Of The ASOS Brigade - Episode 10

1 comment: